The Mathewson Exhibition Center is the largest venue on the Fairgrounds. It can seat over 5,300 people, including 3,200 permanent seats.
The building exterior is brick and indoor is all concrete. The building accommodates a variety of public and private functions year round.
Common Uses Include:
Rental Fee: $1,540.00 + 2% net admission; dirt floor extra
- Facility Description: Arena/Exhibition Hall
- Square Footage: 20,000 sq. ft.
Length: 191 ft.
Width: 108 ft.
- Restroom Available: Yes
- A/C Available: Yes
- Heat Available: Yes
- Storage Room: Yes
- Overhead Doors: 3
- Seating Capacity: 3,200 – 5,300
- Concession Stand: Yes, food and beverages are offered through the Missouri State Fairgrounds onsite and exclusive concession contractor
- Floor Type: Concrete
- Showers/Wash Area: Showers and locker rooms
- Sound System: Yes, must contract with 3rd party contractor to use existing sound equipment
The Mathewson Exhibition Center is located on the west side of the Fairgrounds.
Plan Your Event
Interested in hosting an event in Sedalia? View common Event Types hosted at the Fairgrounds every year to learn if it is the right venue for you!
Do you have an event planned and are looking for additional resources? We can provide recommendations for service partners, on-grounds services, FAQs and more!