Built in 1906, the Coliseum is a historic centerpiece of the Missouri State Fairgrounds.
The 180 ft. x 235 ft. three-story Coliseum amplifies several architectural motifs found in the brick animal barns nearby. This area features a 174 ft. x 118 ft. Dirt Arena Floor with approximately 2,300 seats.
Common Uses Include:
Rental Fee: $495.00 per day vs. 10% net admission
- Facility Description: Historic, brick, covered arena
- Square Footage: 20,532 sq. ft.
Length: 174 ft.
Width: 118 ft.
- Restroom Available
- A/C Available: No – overhead fans
- Offices: 1
- Overhead Doors: Yes
- Seating Capacity: Approximately 2,300 seats
- Judges Stand: Yes, for a fee
- Floor Type: Dirt
- Sound System: Yes, 3rd party contractor, for a fee
The Coliseum is located just south of the MFA Youth Arena.
Plan Your Event
Interested in hosting an event in Sedalia? View common Event Types hosted at the Fairgrounds every year to learn if it is the right venue for you!
Do you have an event planned and are looking for additional resources? We can provide recommendations for service partners, on-grounds services, FAQs and more!