OFF-SEASON PUBLIC CAMPING
*April 6, 2021 – Water has been turned on to the Campgrounds, Campground Restrooms, and Campground Shower Houses for the season. The on season for camping shall be begin April 15 and end October 14. During the on season, camping in a tent is permitted. *
The Missouri State Fairgrounds facilities provide travelers with outstanding campsite opportunities year-round. Our campgrounds are open 24-hours every day, so you are welcome to pull in to our Public, Overnight Camping area day or night. All types of camping units, including tents, are easily accommodated.*
The Missouri State Fair Inner Public Campground is located at 1865 Clarendon Rd. Sedalia, MO 65301.
Year-Round Rates* – reservations are not accepted for off-season/year-round camping.
- Site with all utilities, as available
- Electricity (50/30/20 amp)
(Full hook up site with an extra tent is an extra $12.00 per tent per night.)
- Site without utilities
* Different rates apply during the peak season surrounding the annual Missouri State Fair.
** As weather permits. No water available October 31 through April 1.
- Water and sewer hookups**
- Sewage waste dump station
- Shower and restroom facilities nearby**
- Open year round, no reservations accepted.
RV Dump Station:
Included in nightly rental fee for paying guests. Fee for dump station use only is $12 per visit/dump. Payments can be made over the phone to the Business Office or dropped by the front desk. There is a dump station located in the Year Round/Public/Inner Campground.
Affordable and conveniently located just minutes from shopping, dining, and entertainment, the large campground facility is open year round, with no reservations necessary. Most sites include electrical, water hookups,** and sewer.
Rules and Regulations during Off Season:
Off-Season Camping Policies – Click Here
- Campground is open 24 hrs. each day.
- Cash, check and major credit cards accepted. Payments can be made to Missouri State Fair. Event/Security staff will come by in the evening to pick up payment, they accept cash or check. Payments may also be made by visiting the Business Office, Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. Business Office can accept credit/debit card payments over the phone (660-530-5600). According to Missouri State Statute, there will be a 2% plus $0.50 convenience fee charged for each credit/debit card transaction. Business Office is located on gate 6A, between the Mathewson Exhibition Center and Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall.
- No Refunds.
- No Wi-Fi accessibility.
- NO CAMPFIRES – This includes propane and wood burning firepits.
- An adequate fire lane must be maintained at all times.
- Tampering with utilities is prohibited. Opening, modifying or otherwise tampering with electric pedestals or other utilities will result in expulsion from the campground with no reimbursement of fees or expenses.
- Only one electrical outlet per camp-site allowed.
- Please leave your campsite as clean as you found it. Place trash into trash containers.
Planning a large event? Fairgrounds facilities and planning staff are available to help plan the ideal event. Access to other Fairground facilities, including exhibit buildings, meeting rooms, picnic shelter, arena, and large parking lots, is also available. Our courteous staff will be happy to help you with all the details to make your event extra special.
Group Camping Rates are available for groups of 51 or more. Contact us for additional details.
Staying on grounds at a campsite is a great way to enjoy the fun and festivities of the Missouri State Fair, Missouri’s largest agricultural event! Every August, thousands of Fairgoers from across the Midwest park their trailers and hitch their tents during the Fair. Whether it’s a vacation or family reunion, stop by for a night – or 11 days – and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Missouri State Fair.
Reservations are accepted only for long-term (full eleven-day period) Fair-time camping. For details, view the Missouri State Fair Camping Page.