OFF-SEASON PUBLIC CAMPING
The Missouri State Fairgrounds is excited to host the 58th Escapade, as they celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Escapees RV Club. The Escapees Rally will be held May 27 through June 1.
Please note as these campers move in, the off-season public campgrounds will be relocated.
Beginning on Monday, May 21 through approximately Monday, June 4, Off-Season Public Camping will be available at Gate 10A, south of the Sheep Pavilion. Off-Season Public Camping is first come, first serve. Reservations are not accepted and sites are limited.
The campgrounds located to the north of the Mathewson Exhibition Center will be reserved for the Escapee RV Rally and horse show participants during this time frame.
The campgrounds to the west of the Fairgrounds will be reserved for Escapee RV Rally participants only.
The Missouri State Fairgrounds facilities provide travelers with outstanding campsite opportunities year-round. Our campgrounds are open 24-hours every day, so you are welcome to pull in to our Public, Overnight Camping area day or night. All types of camping units, including tents, are easily accommodated.*
Check out our Campground page. Public/Main Campground
Affordable and conveniently located just minutes from shopping, dining, and entertainment, the large campground facility is open year round, with no reservations necessary. Most sites include electrical, water hookups,** and sewer.
Planning a large event? Fairgrounds facilities and planning staff are available to help plan the ideal event. Access to other Fairground facilities, including exhibit buildings, meeting rooms, picnic shelter, arena, and large parking lots, is also available. Our courteous staff will be happy to help you with all the details to make your event extra special.
Rules and Regulations during Off Season:
- Campground is open 24 hrs. each day.
- Cash, check and major credit cards accepted. Payments can be made to Missouri State Fair. Event/Security staff will come by in the evening to pick up payment, they accept cash or check. Payments may also be made by visiting the Business Office, Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. Business Office can accept credit/debit card payments over the phone (660-530-5601). According to Missouri State Statute, there will be a 2% plus $0.50 convenience fee charged for each credit/debit card transaction. Business Office is located between the Mathewson Exhibition Center and Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall.
- Quiet hours will be observed from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. All radios, stereos, and all other audio equipment must be turned down during this time. No loud music is permitted to be played or broadcast at any time during quiet hours.
- NO CAMPFIRES – This includes propane and wood burning firepits.
- An adequate fire lane must be maintained at all times.
- Pets must stay inside paid camping area and be on a leash at all times. Be kind and clean up after your pet.
- Tampering with utilities is prohibited. Opening, modifying or otherwise tampering with electric pedestals or other utilities will result in expulsion from the campground with no reimbursement of fees or expenses.
- Only one electrical outlet per camp-site allowed.
- Please leave your campsite as clean as you found it. Place trash into trash containers.
- Water and sewer hookups**
- Sewage waste dump station
- Shower and restroom facilities nearby**
- Open year round, no reservations accepted.
- Site with all utilities, as available
- Electricity (30-amp)
- Site without utilities
* Different rates apply during the peak season surrounding the annual Missouri State Fair.
** As weather permits. No water available October 31 through April 1.
Staying on grounds at a campsite is a great way to enjoy the fun and festivities of the Missouri State Fair, Missouri’s largest agricultural event! Every August, thousands of Fairgoers from across the Midwest park their trailers and hitch their tents during the Fair. Whether it’s a vacation or family reunion, stop by for a night – or 11 days – and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Missouri State Fair.
Reservations are accepted only for long-term (full eleven-day period) Fair-time camping. For details, view the Missouri State Fair Camping Page.