The Missouri State Fairgrounds facilities provide travelers with outstanding campsite opportunities year-round. Our campgrounds are open 24-hours every day, so you are welcome to pull in to our Public, Overnight Camping area day or night. All types of camping units, including tents, are easily accommodated.*
Check out our Campground page. Public/Main Campground
Affordable and conveniently located just minutes from shopping, dining, and entertainment, the large campground facility is open year round, with no reservations necessary. Over 2,000 sites include electrical and water hookups**; with hundreds more without utilities. More than 700 Missouri State Fairgrounds campsites have sewers.
Planning a large event? Fairgrounds facilities and planning staff are available to help plan the ideal event. Access to other Fairground facilities, including exhibit buildings, meeting rooms, picnic shelter, arena, and large parking lots, is also available. Our courteous staff will be happy to help you with all the details to make your event extra special.
Rules and Regulations during Off Season:
- Campground is open 24 hrs. each day.
- Cash and major credit cards accepted and payments can be made to Missouri State Fair Event/Security staff by cash or check. They also can be made by visiting the Business Office, Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. Business Office can accept credit/debit card payments over the phone (660-530-5601). According to Missouri State Statute, there will be a 2% plus $0.50 convenience fee charged for each credit/debit card transaction
- Quiet hours will be observed from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. All radios, stereos, and all other audio equipment must be turned down during this time. No loud music is permitted to be played or broadcast at any time during quiet hours.
- NO CAMPFIRES
- An adequate fire lane must be maintained at all times.
- Tampering with utilities is prohibited. Opening, modifying or otherwise tampering with electric pedestals or other utilities will result in expulsion from the campground with no reimbursement of fees or expenses.
- Only one electrical outlet per camp-site allowed.
- Please leave your campsite as clean as you found it. Place trash into trash containers.
- More than 1,100 electrical receptacles (no 110-volt)
- Water and sewer hookups**
- 3 sewage waste dump stations
- Shower and restroom facilities nearby**
- Open year round, no reservations accepted.
- Site with all utilities, as available
- Electricity (30-amp)
- Site without utilities
* Different rates apply during the peak season surrounding the annual Missouri State Fair.
** As weather permits. No water available October 31 through April 1.
Staying on grounds at a campsite is a great way to enjoy the fun and festivities of the Missouri State Fair, Missouri’s largest agricultural event! Every August, thousands of Fairgoers from across the Midwest park their trailers and hitch their tents during the Fair. Whether it’s a vacation or family reunion, stop by for a night – or 11 days – and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Missouri State Fair.
Reservations are accepted only for long-term (full eleven-day period) Fair-time camping. For details, view the Missouri State Fair Camping Page.