Welcome to the Missouri State Fairgrounds!
The Missouri State Fairgrounds offers a winning combination of location, flexible facilities and experienced staff. Whatever the size of your event, if you need to rent a Midwest location, we’ve got you covered. Our team is ready to make your rental experience a success the first time and every time. Day in and day out, we coordinate activities throughout our 400 acres fairgrounds.
We host a variety of events with local, regional, national and international appeal: auctions, livestock shows of all breeds, sporting events, camping and motorcycle rallies, trade shows, conventions, receptions and even motor sporting events on our half-mile dirt track.
The Missouri State Fairgrounds’ West-Central Missouri location places it in an ideal spot for all who want to experience Missouri’s many highlights during their visit. Many of mid-America’s favorite destinations are within a comfortable drive, including:
- Kansas City Country Club Plaza
- St. Louis Gateway Arch
- Lake of the Ozarks (1,100 miles of shoreline – more than the coast of California!)
- Branson (with family-oriented entertainment around every corner, from Silver Dollar City to celebrity entertainers and bright new stars in theaters on 76 Country Boulevard: “the live music show capital of the world”)
Sedalia entertains visitors with its own variety of amenities and attractions, including:
- Antique stores
- The Katy Depot Museum
- Katy Trail State Park, the nation’s longest rails-to-trails project, a beautiful trail designed for walking, biking and horse rides
- The renowned Daum Museum of Contemporary Art on the State Fair Community College campus
- Historic Downtown Sedalia, featuring the same friendly smiles you’ll find throughout our community
- The Missouri State Fair itself, hosted annually in Sedalia since 1901
For more information about Sedalia please visit: Sedalia Convention Visitors Bureau
The Missouri State Fairgrounds’ success story wasn’t built overnight. With our long record of hosting and producing successful events, you can be confident when you host your event with us. Large or small event, for an evening or a week, we’re ready to make the Missouri State Fair Team your team.
Event Rental Forms
To request information about planning an event at the Missouri State Fairgrounds please fill out the appropriate form below.
Contact Steven Sims, Events Manager by phone at 660-530-5604 or 660-281-6335 or via email at Steven.Sims@mda.mo.gov
Off Season Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Off Season Fairground Hours: Daily from 7am to dusk. The Missouri State Fairgrounds will remain closed on State of Missouri and Federally observed holidays. If the Fairgrounds is rented for an event, the Fairgrounds may remain open past dusk. Times are subject to change without notice.
Mathewson Exhibition Center Walking Hours – Monday thru Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM